Media center to hold “Insurgent” contest, Manga Madness manga bracket

Johanne Vincent, media aide and sophomore, stands in front of the Manga Madness bracket. Vincent said her favorite manga on the list is Fairy Tail. JENNY ZHAO/PHOTO

Starting on March 16 and ending on March 20, the media center will host a contest based on the upcoming movie “Insurgent,” which is set to be released on March 20, according to media department chairperson Terri Ramos.

Ramos said, “The theater has provided us with some prizes for that, so there’s going to be a contest, and I think that’s going to be along the lines of we’ll have a wheel, like a Wheel of Fortune wheel, and the five jurisdictions are represented there. Depending on which one you fall on, then there are going to be some rocks, just like the book, you have to choose your rock. If your rock matches what you spin, then you win. We have different prizes that we’re going to be giving away, including movie passes, and posters, and all sorts of things like that.”

Additionally, there is a Manga Madness bracket, and students can check out their favorite manga in order to vote for it.

Johanne Vincent, media aide and sophomore, said, “Basically, we just compile a list of all the popular mangas, and those who like manga can participate. I’ve read four of them, and I think I’m going to vote for Fairy Tail because it’s really fantasy-like. It has a lot of fantasy and a lot of action, and it’s really cool.”