CHTV plans to improve set for announcements and broadcasting technique

According to CHTV sponsor Anna Kaiser, CHTV students hope to better the set for their productions and implement what they learned at the Indiana Association of School Broadcasters Conference on March 9.

CHTV sponsor Anna Kaiser edits the morning announcements scripts. Kaiser oversees the production of the announcements and teaches the broadcasting class. “In our recent conference, we got first in music video and placed in several categories. Kaiser said. NATALIA CHAUDHRY/PHOTO

“We would really like to revamp the set, especially the interview set,” Kaiser said. “It’s outdated and not appealing to out target audience. The set is just really old and junky. We want to paint the news anchors’ desk and get a new sports background. Right now we’re using the green screen, but we want to make it more Carmel and more appealing.”

At the recent conference, CHTV students also submitted a variety of entries in 14 different categories and attended lessons on broadcasting.

“At the conference students took sessions of their choice with the broad cast industry,” Kaiser said. “We got first in the music video category and placed in several categories

Annie Harrison, CHTV member and junior, reports the world and local news for the channel and is playing a role in the new changes CHTV desires to implement.

“We’re hoping to get some new graphics, and this summer, we’ll hopefully be redoing the set,” Harrison said. “We’ve been working on making our content more appealing to CHS student, as well. We’ve been picking topics that are more relatable to high school students.”