Speech team members to meet Thursday to modify pieces for competition on Feb. 23

Speech+team+sponsor+Jacleen+Joiner+works+at+her+desk.+Joiner+said+she+loves+leading+the+speech+team+members+and+is+most+excited+to+see+how+they+progress.+%E2%80%9CI+enjoy+seeing+the+improvement+and+confidence+that+students+gain+over+the+course+of+the+year%2C%E2%80%9D+she+said.+
Speech team sponsor Jacleen Joiner works at her desk. Joiner said she loves leading the speech team members and is most excited to see how they progress. “I enjoy seeing the improvement and confidence that students gain over the course of the year,” she said.

The speech team will meet this Thursday to prepare for their most upcoming competition on Feb. 23 at Westfield High School, according to speech team sponsor Jacleen Joiner.

Katelyn Wang, speech team member and sophomore, said she and her fellow teammates will use their time during meetings to perfect their pieces in preparation for upcoming District and State competitions, which begin in March. She said these competitions are a big part of the team’s season that they are all looking forward to.

“[The team] is super excited and wants to finish strong this year,” Wang said.

Joiner said she is eager to see how the students have improved come time for District and State competitions.