DECA finishes up projects with Santa’s Shop underway

The week of Nov. 9, DECA students will continue working on their written projects for competition. Students are also preparing for Santa’s Secret Shop which begins Nov. 30. The shop will feature products geared towards holiday gift giving.

Danny Kim, DECA member and senior, said co-operative classes are currently working on the final preparations for Santa’s Secret Shop.

“The co-op classes are getting Santa’s Secret Shop together for the winter and the seniors for DECA are working on their papers,” Kim said.

According to Janice Brown, DECA sponsor and business teacher, Santa’s Secret Shop is entirely student run. Students are also organized into four different teams which handle different areas of the business and have several managers to supervise the process.

“The students ordered all the merchandise and manage the store themselves,” Brown said.

Meanwhile, the DECA seniors are working on finishing their written projects. DECA seniors are required to compete in at least the regional competition. The business seminar classes are given time in class to work on their projects. However, other classes, such as the co-operative classes work on projects outside of class. Brown also said that the papers involve research on topics such as business plans, advertisement campaigns and market research. By Sally Bae <[email protected]>