Carmel Clay Education Foundation to host its 2nd annual Ghost and Goblin’s Run/Walk

The Carmel Clay Education Foundation (CCEF) will host its 2nd annual Ghost and Goblin’s Run/Walk on Oct. 30.

The 5K run will begin at 9:00 a.m., and the walk will begin at 9:20 a.m. The event is open to students and citizens of all ages. Interested participants can register online at www.kenlongassoc.com by Oct. 22. Race day registration will take place from 7 to 8:30 a.m.

Dorothy Ilgen, executive director of the CCEF and head of this event, said the run is a fundraiser for the CCEF.

“We raise money and then re-grant that money in the form of teacher grants to teachers throughout the school district. It is also a way for us to connect with families and other people within the Carmel community,” Ilgen said.

According to Ilgen, two dollars from every Carmel Clay student who registers will be given to that student’s school. In addition to this money, Ilgen said a scholarship will be given to a CHS senior who registers for the race.

Ilgen said the run was chosen to attract people to the CCEF.

“We were really looking for something family-oriented, and we decided to do this,” said Ilgen. “It was a way for us to sort of reach out to a wider community to let them know about us and provide an opportunity for them to raise money for education grants.”

Freshman Jack Morris participated in the event last year and said he intends to run again this year.

“The course was good overall, and the weather was pretty good, too. It was a laid-back race atmosphere with some competitive people in the race who made it more fun for the people who wanted to do their best,” Morris said.

For more information, students can visit the CCEF event website at http://www1.ccs.k12.in.us/ccef/eventsBy Jacob Vahle <[email protected]>