New waiver allows students to play a sport in replace of PE II

This year the physical education department is adopting a new waiver that requires students to take PE I but can play a sport or other extracurricular that is mentioned on the waiver to take place of the PE II credit. The physical education department voted the new waiver form into use during the middle of last year and will take place this year.

“I think that because of the obesity epidemic in the country, it’s a shame students are allowed to gain a PE II credit by alternative means. I think that students should take PE I and PE II along with extracurricular activity they are involved in,” said head of the physical education department Kim TenBrink.

“I believe that playing a sport should count for both PE credits instead of just one. Right now I am running cross-country but am also enrolled in PE I,” said junior, Mike Phipps.

Another change that has taken place this year is that three new teachers have been hired to help fill the empty spaces in the physical conditioning class.  The new teachers this year are Kevin Wright, Gabriel Johnson, and Scott Heady. By Sean Truax <[email protected]>