Students for Education to meet on Nov. 30

The literacy-centered group Students for Education plans to have an important meeting on Nov. 30 concerning its activities for the rest of the semester. According to Ivy Yan, club president and senior, the meeting will revolve around the club’s upcoming holiday gift drive.

“At our next meeting, we’ll be writing Christmas cards to the kids and bring in things that the shelter needs,” Yan said. “The cards are to go with the presents that we’re getting for them as part of our gift drive, and we’re also trying to get some supplies for the shelter as well.”

In addition to the gift drive, Yan said the club’s other activities have also been going very well and she looks forward to the semester.

“We’re still doing all we can for the kids at the Dayspring shelter, and I’d say we’ve done a good job so far this year,” Yan said. “We’ve gotten new members and there are new kids at the shelter for us to help out, so that’s always nice. We’ve also decided on our new officers, and they seem really excited about the club.”

“I leave most of the day-to-day functions of the club to the students,” said sponsor Sherri Pankratz.

“We’re winding down for this semester other than the gift drive,” Yan said. “We have a lot of things planned for next semester before we graduate and we’re really glad with what the new members have contributed this year.” By Henry Zhu <[email protected]>