Students for Education to plan second semester fundraisers

Students for Education, a club at this school dedicated to tutoring less fortunate children in the Indianapolis area, is currently planning its upcoming activities for the second semester. Club president and senior Ivy Yan said the club leaders are busy preparing new activities for this semester.

“We haven’t had a meeting yet because everybody just got back from break and the officers are still working out this semester’s schedule,” Yan said. “We’ll be seeing a lot of events from previous years return, but we officers are also trying to come up with some new ideas we can try to help the kids at the Dayspring shelter.”

According to Yan, the push for more events and activities is largely due to the increasing number of children that the club works to help.

“There are more kids at the shelter than ever before, and we expect the number to keep rising,” Yan said. “In response, we’re trying to provide the kids at the shelter with more resources by raising more money for the shelter. We are also trying to encourage more of our members to volunteer down at the shelter on their own time.”

Club sponsor Sherri Pankratz said the club’s activities are largely student-run.

“I leave most of the day-to-day functions of the club to the students,” Pankratz said.

As for Yan, she said she hopes the last semester of her high school career with Students for Education will be a productive one.

“This is really the last chance for a lot of members to make a difference with the club,” Yan said. “We seniors want to make the most of our remaining time with Students for Education.” By Henry Zhu <[email protected]>