Global Giving to have first meeting of year Sept. 1

Global Giving will have its first meeting of the year on Sept. 1 in Room H208 after school.

Global Giving is a club that donates money to schools in  underdeveloped countries and countries struck by natural disasters. The club raises money through various fundraisers throughout the year.  This year, Global Giving is planning to donate to organizations like World Vision and Falling Whistles.

Global Giving is open to all CHS students. According to Ryan Ringenberg, club sponsor and history teacher, charity and world view are the most prominent qualities in the students who join the club.

“Students who have a worldly focus and are interested in activism will want to be a part of Global Giving,” Ringenberg said. “Students should join Global Giving to feel like they are playing an active role in providing global aid.”

Students interested in joining Global Giving can contact Ringenberg for more information. Freshmen can also visit the club’s booth at the Activities Fair on Friday Aug. 26 during SRT for details.

View Comments (1)
$20
$500

• D

DonnaSep 3, 2011 at 10:38 am

Hey guys. Check out our website if you want 1,000 ideas for your club: http://www.globalgiving.org

and keep up the awesome and generous work!
    Donna @GlobalGiving

Reply