Senior Roundtable, formerly Student Athletic Board, scheduled to start meeting after Labor Day

According to sponsor Jim Inskeep, the Senior Roundtable is scheduled to have its first meeting sometime after Labor Day with the exact date to be announced.

These Roundtable meetings have been newly implemented this year to replace the previous Student Athletic Board meetings.

“We will start up a new group of student athletes after Labor Day, which will be our winter sport athletes in our six different sports that we have in the winter,” Inskeep said. “Those athletes will be nominated by their head coach or the coaching staff and will start coming to a series of five different meetings that we will have during SRT.”

According to Inskeep, the purpose of the Senior Roundtable is to develop a curriculum for senior student athletes who are selected by their head coaches to discuss a variety of topics including communication with coaches, leadership styles, methods of dealing with peers and how to emulate individuals who have been previous leaders in their respective programs.

Sarah Bennett, a member of the Senior Roundtable, said although there has not been a meeting since the last school year, she is looking forward to communicating with leaders from other sport divisions.

“We talk about things that come up when you’re in a leadership position, such as how to lead effectively, how to create team bonds and make sure that the negative things of the past don’t happen again,” Bennett said.