House prepares for Tailgate for Life, Alumni Room

House members senior Hannah Blachly, sophomore Casey Gorin, senior Julie Gaylor, and sophomore Jenna Wiegand (left to right) make posters to promote Tailgate for Life. Tailgate for Life is a House event that will raise money for breast cancer research this year. OMEED MALEKMARZBAN / PHOTO

House is preparing for its first major events of the year, Tailgate for Life and the Alumni Room, according to sponsor Sarah Wolff.  The two events will both be occurring on Sept. 16.

According to speaker of the House Mohammad Issa, the money from Tailgate for Life will be going to the American Cancer Society for breast cancer research. The event itself will involve food, games, door prizes and live bands.

Applications for bands that would like to play at the tailgate will be released.

“We won’t be having live auditions,” Issa said. “Bands applying will probably send a CD or use a website.”

House will also be sponsoring the Alumni Room event. According to Wolff, students will be welcoming alumni to the homecoming game with food as well as a collection of yearbooks through which they may reminisce.

“We’re just gonna be bringing in food and hopefully have a ton of people show up,” Issa said.