Greyhound Connections members get inspired to help new students

Greyhound Connections members will be given an article from the Indianapolis Star entitled “Angels Among Us Lighten the Burden,” which Greyhound Connections sponsor Joe Stuelpe hopes will inspire his students. The Greyhound Connections members will have a brief discussion about the article and how it applies to their organization during SRT.

Greyhound Connections is a club dedicated to helping new students make friends and set good examples. In the article, Stuelpe underlined phrases including “it all starts with the caring individual,” and “many of us still have the opportunity to share,” which touch on several of the goals and concepts of Greyhound Connections.

“Sometimes Stuelpe will put inspiring articles in our mailboxes once a month or so,” Greyhound Connections member Laura Marshall said.

The mailboxes, which are personalized paper bags taped to a wall in the Greyhound Connections SRT room, are often filled with notes and messages from students to their peers.

“It will get them to think about what we should be doing,” said Stuelpe. “A reminder.”