Kids’ Corner to prepare work with Edu-Care during second semester

Kids’ Corner is a class where seniors get hands on experience teaching a preschool class. With the start of the new semester, Kids’ Corner has a few changes. According to Kids’ Corner teacher Kimberly Lenzo, second semester means a new set of seniors as well as a new partnership with the Edu-Care program.

Lenzo said that since more seniors choose to take Kids’ Corner, it’s more difficult to give them as much time with the preschoolers than in past semesters. Lenzo said working with Edu-Care would allow seniors to have even more experience working with kids.

“We are starting a new component of the program,” Lenzo said. “The students will rotate through a practicum at Edu-Care which gives them the opportunity to work with newborns through 3 year olds and then work with preschool age children in Kids’ Corner.”

Kathryn Clark, Kids’ Corner member and senior said she is excited to have the chance to work with kids a variety of ages.

Clark said, “I was already excited for Kids’ Corner because my sister was in it last semester, but now that we also get to work with Edu-Care, I can’t wait to actually start teaching a class.”

According to Clark, the seniors are learning about early childhood in January, so they are prepared to teach when the preschoolers arrive.

Lenzo said the first day for the preschoolers is not set yet but will sometime in the middle of February.