Orchestra talent show to take place Nov. 22

Concert Orchestra members hang out in a practice room during SRT. According to freshman Anna Boucher (right), the members were swapping instruments as part of practice for their upcoming talent show skit.  DAI / PHOTO
Concert Orchestra members hang out in a practice room during SRT. According to freshman Anna Boucher (right), the members were swapping instruments as part of practice for their upcoming talent show skit. DAI / PHOTO

Members of the CHS orchestras are preparing for the upcoming orchestra talent show on Nov. 22 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the freshman performing arts center, according to Oliver Shou, Symphony Orchestra member and junior. All sections in Symphony Orchestra are performing a section act, but performing in the talent show is optional for everyone else. Members are not allowed to play their instrument in orchestra as their talent.

Anyone can come watch the talent show, said assistant orchestra director Elisabeth Ohly-Davis. The cost to get in is either $2 or a canned food donation. Members are applying this week for their different acts. Orchestra Council, a group of orchestra members that plans events, is then going to make sure all the acts are decent and is going to put together the program order this weekend.

Shou said he is excited to see the talent show because the section acts are usually really funny.

“All the section acts have a lot of inside jokes. Last year, the first violins always cross dressed. So in the talent show, they reversed all the roles in the skit they performed, so all the guys were girls in the skit and all the girls were guys,” said Shou.

Ohly-Davis said she is excited to see the talent show as well.

“I’m very excited to see the talent show because I love to laugh. I love to see people enjoying themselves and each other,” Ohly-Davis said. “I know that we have tons of creative people in the orchestra program. I’m just really excited to see what everybody comes up with.”