CHS Film Fest to take place on May 2

The annual CHS Film Fest will take place on May 2 in the auditorium from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets are $5 at the door, which includes an opportunity to attend a film workshop from 5 to 6 p.m. in Room P123. The fest is a competition between high school students in Indiana for a grand prize of $500 for best film. There will be a total of ten films screened at the event, four of which were submitted by CHS students Laura Ellsworth and Gus Leagre, seniors, and Michael Muldowney, junior.
According to performing arts teacher Jim Peterson, there will be an additional cash prize of $100 awarded to the audience’s choice of best film. Today’s event marks the festival’s third year running.
“It grew out of what we were doing with my IB Film classes. And at the end of the year, the students thought it would be cool if they could show their films to the public. So we started doing screenings during SRT and we also had some for parents after school, but we found that parents couldn’t come after school because they still had to work. So we thought, ‘Why don’t we just do a film fest?’” by Sarah Seo