PTO to meet on April 14

While chatting with fellow freshman Megan Collins during SRT, Lahiri Chitturi laughs about a point that Collins has made. Students that were chosen to be in the top 3 percent of their class were photographed last Thursday. BETHLEHEM DANIEL/PHOTO

The PTO is scheduled to have its next meeting on April 14 at 9 a.m. in the community room. According to PTO president Kimberly Paarlberg, the PTO is in the midst of planning for the Scholastic Banquet, which will be held on April 20, and Gradfest, which will be held at the very end of the school year on May 30.

“For (the) Scholastic Banquet they (PTO members) are sending out invitations to students and their parents,” Paarlberg said via email. “The PTO continues to work to support CHS.”

Freshman Lahiri Chitturi was recently invited to attend the Scholastic Banquet and said she believes it takes devotion as well as hard work in order to be condemned with this honor.

“To get in the top 3 percent of the class, I believe it takes one to know their best classes and their worst classes,” Chitturi said via email. “If a person knows what they are not good at, they can work harder and make sure to pay attention in those classes more so than others.”

Chitturi is also looking forward to the Scholastic Banquet in May.

“I am very excited for the Scholastic Banquet, because I have friends in the freshman class who will be attending and I am also excited to meet other bright students who I may have classes with in the future,” Chitturi said.