Student Athletic Board creates Hound Pound

The Student Athletic Board is currently in the process of putting the final touches on its new project, a school-wide spirit club called the Hound Pound. All 32 junior and senior members of the Student Athletic Board are brainstorming ideas for the new club. In addition, spirit-wear for the club is on sale.

Hound Pound T-shirts are $12 and personalized jerseys are $24. T-shirts are in stock and can be purchased at any time from the activities office. Jerseys, however, required a completed order form due Sept. 8.

Lindsey Kitzinger, Student Athletic Board member and senior, said the Hound Pound is the main focus right now. “We are trying to boost overall school spirit for everyone and unify all grades,” Kitzinger said. “We are just trying to get everyone involved.”

According to Kitzinger, the Hound Pound is going to work with Big Game and Wild Bunch in order to establish a “Game of the Week.”

“We are going to try and form a common theme for the games. It’s so we can acknowledge one of our teams a week,” she said. “They will all be home games. We are also going to hit on each sport, not just football.”

Jim Inskeep, sponsor of the Student Athletic Board and Athletic Director, said, “Promotion of these events will be via video announcements and e-mail distribution lists within the club.”