Health center welcomes new school year

Health center welcomes new school year

Kandyce Hardie gathers all the records for a day's work. Hardie skimmed through her email for any new blood drive recipients.

Marissa Ryan

The CHS health center is beginning the process of settling into the 2017-2018 school year. Health center RN Kandyce Hardie is preparing for various events approaching, one being the student government led school blood drive. According to Hardie, in order to donate blood one must be of 16 years of age and have parent consent on file.

“The blood drive is a great opportunity to make a difference in others lives,” Hardie said.

Sophomore Senate member Jayana Hammonds said, “The drive gives people an opportunity to support this great cause without a monetary expense that most causes require.”

More information is provided at the health center or from senate members and the blood donated to local hospitals provides for countless surgeries.

0
Marissa Ryan, Student Section Reporter

Hey! I'm Marissa Ryan and this is my second year as a HiLite reporter. I enjoy being a reporter because I am the one providing the content and putting...