DECA begins preparation for Santa’s Secret Shop

DECA students have started to prepare for their annual event, Santa’s Secret Shop which begins Nov. 30. Santa’s Secret Shop is an event during the winter where customers can purchase gifts and other items. Students are currently working on stocking products for the store.

Senior and DECA class representative, Alexandra “Alex” Chandler, said DECA students always begin working on Santa’s Secret Shop early on in the year.

“We’re working on getting things ready for Santa’s Secret Shop and buying things for it right now,” Chandler said.

DECA sponsor Janice Brown said that Santa’s Secret Shop, along with the CHS Spirit Shop, is an entirely student run business. Brown also said that this allows students an opportunity to start and operate businesses.

“The students are working on buying the merchandise and selecting management for the store,” Brown said.

DECA members have also started to prepare for District and State competitions. Chandler said the competitions are for marketing and business.

“We do events like business role-playing at Districts and State. So we’re getting ready for that now,” Chandler said. By Sally Bae <[email protected]>