Maintenance checks scoreboards, other things to get ready for winter sports

+Maintenance+worker+Fred+Sheats+builds+a+platform+on+which+he+can+rest+light+fixtures+while+he+replaces+the+lights+in+the+varsity+gym.+The+change+from+incandescent+to+LED+lights+in+the+varsity+gym+is+one+of+several+things+the+maintenance+department+worked+on+to+get+ready+for+winter+sports.

Maintenance worker Fred Sheats builds a platform on which he can rest light fixtures while he replaces the lights in the varsity gym. The change from incandescent to LED lights in the varsity gym is one of several things the maintenance department worked on to get ready for winter sports.

Lillian He

Following the conclusion of the majority of fall sports, the maintenance department has turned its attention to getting the gyms ready for the winter sports teams.

Maintenance foreman Mike Wyatt said, “We’re getting ready for basketball season, the indoor sports…(we have to) check the scoreboards, we’re working on the indoor lights…air conditioning and heating.”

Wyatt also said having all of these things functioning is vital to the performance ability of the teams that use the school’s indoor facilities throughout the winter.

Sophie Guo, marching band member and sophomore, said, “I know they did a great job getting the field ready for us so I have no doubt that they will do the same for the winter sports.”

0
Lillian He, Beats Editor

Hello, my name is Lillian He. This is my first year as a part of the Hilite staff and I am a News Reporter as well as a Beats Editor. In addition to Hilite,...