Media center prepares for NHD, ancestry unit, busy month ahead

Terri Ramos, department chairperson for media and communications, works on her computer during a free period. Ramos said the media center will be busy during the upcoming months.

Karen Zhang

According to Terri Ramos, department chairperson for media and communications, the media center is currently preparing for its National History Day (NHD) exhibit.

Ramos said, “It’s a collaboration with some classes as well as some teachers and it’s basically a practice evening for the kids before they do the real thing. We’ll be teaching them about databases for research but also how to interact with their audience—how to maintain eye contact, how to shake peoples hands and other things like that.”

Ramos said the media center is also preparing for its ancestry unit beginning on March 12. Ramos said that particular event is often popular as students and staff are curious about their ancestry.

The media center will also host children from The Kids Corner who will attend a programming lesson on March 13.

Additionally, the media center has several displays up currently. Ramos said some of them are about Black History Month as well as “Love Your Library” month.

Ben Ring, student aid and junior, said the media center will be very busy in the upcoming weeks.

Ring said, “The media center really does a lot so I think people should come down and see the events and programs happening; it’s really beneficial.”

Furthermore, Ramos herself will be moderating two panels at “RosieCon,” a book festival at Ben Davis High School on March 16. The event is open to the public from 10 to 5 p.m.  By Karen Zhang 

https://sites.google.com/wayne.k12.in.us/rosiecon/home

0
Karen Zhang, Entertainment Editor

Hi, I'm Karen Zhang! This will be my second year on HiLite staff and I am currently an Entertainment Editor. Before this, I was a Beats Editor and Entertainment...