CHTV explains policies for airing games

CHTV teacher Hal Espey said that there are some policies that have to be followed when airing the State games on CHTV. He said the Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) holds the rights for all of the games.

“It doesn’t matter where the game is played at. So, even if the game is played right here in our stadium, we need to get permission to play the football game or parts of the football game,” Espey said.

Espey also said he has seen an increase in high school football coverage on television.

“I think part of the reason for that is that TV stations have more and more channels, not to mention more visitors to the websites. They have a lot more room for coverage of new and different things, and I think they want to pertain to a large audience,” Espey said.

Nolan Blair, CHTV member and senior, said he thinks that it’s good that high school sports are getting more coverage.

“It gives high school sports more importance in the huge world of sports,” Blair said. By Kendall Harshberger <[email protected]>