Santa’s Secret Shop open until Dec. 9

The week of Nov. 30, DECA students will be running Santa’s Secret Shop from Nov. 30 to Dec. 9 in the F rooms and the Spirit Shop. Weekday times are from 7:15 to 7:45 a.m., 9:30 to 11 a.m. (SRT), 11:03 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. (lunch) and 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. On Dec. 5, the shop is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Alyssa Kent, marketing student and senior, said the shop is selling a variety of merchandise suitable for gift giving. Some items include picture frames, stuffed animals, coffee mugs and toys. According to Kent, elementary school students will be visiting throughout the week and the DECA students will be helping them shop for holiday gifts. “The kids come and we’ll help them get what they need and wrap the gifts for them,” Kent said.

Janice Brown, marketing teacher and DECA sponsor, said that Santa’s Secret Shop is entirely planned and organized by the students in marketing co-operative classes. DECA members began working on the shop since late October. “The students ordered all the merchandise and manage the store themselves. It gives them an opportunity to start and operate a business,” Brown said.

According to Kent, DECA members had helped tag the leftover merchandise from last year, order new items and set up the shop. Students also had to price all the new inventory. By Sally Bae <[email protected]>