Hound Pound in process of planning for upcoming games

With the second semester in its fourth week, the club officers in Hound Pound are scheduling events for the members to attend. For the past couple of the weeks, there has been a game of the week, but lately the club has not broadcast future plans.

“At the last men’s varsity basketball game there were a fair amount of fans. However, we are trying to get more people excited about the games. Lots of people come but we are trying to get more members involved,” member and senior Stephanie Shoook said.

Sponsor Jim Inskeep said, “I have been very pleased with the student turnout this year at a number of athletic events. It seems as though students are excited about supporting their peers in many areas of the school.”

According to Shook, she would like to see more fan support at the less attended sports. The mission of this student-led organization is to provide support for peers in their extracurricular endeavors.

“I’m assuming the turnouts at the big games will be same if not a little more, but it is always hard to get a large group of students to sports like swimming and wrestling,” Shook said.

The club has not been updating its Web site weekly, but the primary method of communication between club members is through e-mail. If there are any questions about the game of the week or about the club, students can see a club officer. By Kelsey Binion <[email protected]>