Carmel Clay Public Library to host “UPS Road Code: Safe Driving for Teens” program 

On Saturday, March 13 from 1 to 3 p.m. the Carmel Clay Public Library will host a safe driving for teens program. Jamie Beckman, young adult department manager at the library, said, “Spots are limited so if you are interested in this program make sure to sign up soon.”

The Carmel Clay Public Library will host a life-saving safe driving program on Saturday, March 13 from 1 to 3 p.m. for teenagers ages 13 to 18. According to Jamie Beckman, young adult department manager at the library, the two-hour program will be held virtually over Zoom and interested participants must register via this link.

“This virtual class is presented by the Boys and Girls Club of Boone County, Indiana,” Beckman said. “(Students) will learn about certain actions and habits they can develop to ensure safe driving through videos and discussions.”

Sophomore Jordan Seigel said, “I think this program would be helpful to many high schoolers since many people are getting first involved with driving and drivers education at around this time and this program could present some useful tips or advice on how to maintain safety on the road.”

Junior Shrisanth Malpeddi said, “I’m planning on getting my driver’s license within the next few months and so learning as much as I can on how to drive properly and safely will be very important if I want to pass.”

Beckman said she appreciates the Boys and Girls Club of Boone County for running this program and would like to see as many Carmel High School students attend as possible.

She said, “By developing safe driving techniques and skills at a young age, you are setting yourself up for an entire life so saving driving in the future.”