Students utilize CCPL resources

Sophomores+Arielle+Fotso+and+Sara+Syed+study+chemistry+while+sitting+on+the+library+floor%2C+waiting+for+a+room+to+become+available+to+book.+Study+rooms+can+be+reserved+in+advance+on+the+CCPL+website.+%E2%80%9CIt%E2%80%99s+really+sad+because+we+forgot+to+book+a+room+earlier+in+the+day%2C+so+now+they+are+all+booked+until+six+and+we+need+to+wait+here+on+the+floor+for+one+to+open+up%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Fotso.+
Sophomores Arielle Fotso and Sara Syed study chemistry while sitting on the library floor, waiting for a room to become available to book. Study rooms can be reserved in advance on the CCPL website. “It’s really sad because we forgot to book a room earlier in the day, so now they are all booked until six and we need to wait here on the floor for one to open up,” said Fotso.

The main Carmel Clay Public Library (CCPL) has reopened after a year, and students of CHS are making sure to utilize the new library well.

Jamie Beckman, the young adult services manager at CCPL, said, “The teens have been using the library a bunch after school, using all sorts of resources.”

One of the new facilities that was made available at the newly renovated CCPL is the Digital Media Lab, which was previously at a different location, and is now incorporated within the main building as well.

“The library has noticed students using the Digital Media Lab, as well as the computer labs on our second floor,” Beckman said.

A well-appreciated part of the new library is the new study rooms, which can be booked in advance.

“Study rooms have been very popular after school with many students reserving them in advance through the library’s website,” said Beckman. “You can book them for up to two hours, and at a minimum of thirty minutes.”

Sophomore Arielle Fotso said that she books a study room at the library at least three times a week.

“It’s just an amazing place for me to go and study with my friends after school,” said Fotso. “I just hang out there and get my homework done before heading to practice.”

The study rooms are not the only place that students are utilizing to study.

“On some afternoons the library has noticed that all the tables and chairs on the first and second floor of the library are being used by students,” said Beckman. “They are studying, working on group projects, tutoring/being tutored, or just socializing with their friends.”