Hound Pound continues to support baseball and softball

Student Athletic Board members said they want Hound Pound members to continue supporting the softball and baseball teams. Hound Pound members are encouraged to attend the next home men’s varsity baseball game, which will occur on May 3 at 5:00 p.m. The team plays Perry Meridian at Hartman Field.

The women’s varsity softball team plays on May 4 at 5:30 p.m. The team plays Ben Davis at the Cherry Tree Softball Complex.

Member and senior Lindsey Kitzinger said, “The Student Athletic Board is encouraging more Hound Pound members and their friends to attend the softball and baseball games. The fields are relatively close to the high school and the games start early, so we are trying to persuade more students to go.”

According to Kitzinger, there are many more softball and baseball games still to be played. So if the members cannot attend the May 3 or May 4 game, there will be more opportunities.

“Hound Pound is a student-led club, so any specifics, such as the Game of the Week or any large events, should be addressed to the Student Athletic Board members,” sponsor Jim Inskeep said.

“Overall, we have been pleased with the turnout of Hound Pound members at all the athletic events this year. We want to continue that success till the end of May,” Kitzinger said. By Kelsey Binion <[email protected]>