Freshman Class prepares for student elections

The Freshman Class will be prepping for student elections from May 4 to May 7. Voting ends at 3:30 p.m. on May 7, and the winners will be announced at a results meeting on May 14.

Freshman Class treasurer Julian Batts said that he is planning on running for reelection. In order to obtain more votes, he said he plans to use different campaign methods.

“I’ll be using Facebook as a tool,” Batts said. “I’ll also be handing out flyers and posters.”

Students are not allowed to begin campaigning until 7 a.m. on May 4, and they must stop all campaigning at 3:30 on May 7. Candidates are also given a $75 budget and a limit of 50 flyers and five posters.

Freshman Class Sponsor Kristi Leveque said that this year, there are many people running for the different positions. “Sometimes, it’s just one person (running for a position). This year, we have two people running for president (in the Freshman Class), and lots of people running for vice president.”

Candidates will be able to campaign during all passing periods, lunches and before and after school. By Adele Zhou <[email protected]>