Rising Stars to attend Indiana Thespian Society Regional Conference

Members of Rising Stars sit in a circle as the listen to the directions for a game. Members play acting games often because they are fun and can help to improve technique. AINING WANG / PHOTO

Rising Stars will be attending the Indiana Thespian Society Regional Conference on Nov. 17. The conference will take place at Bethal College, just as it has in the years past. In addition to Carmel High School, there will be several other high school acting groups participating. Club yearbook pictures to take place on Dec. 4.

“We’re competing against five other schools…in our production,” Rising Stars sponsor Jim Peterson said.

According to Carolyn Keller, president of the club and senior, the conference is also beneficial because students can learn from workshops.

“Workshops there can help you improve your acting abilities…and broaden your spectrum. You can learn a lot,” Keller said.

According to Keller, the workshops range from costumes to makeup to props that helps to improve a student’s expertise in these areas.