CMYC to host Carmel Art Gala on May 2

CMYC members meet to discuss plans for the Carmel Art Gala. Leah Zukerman, vice president of current activities and junior, said this is the clubs first annual showcase and will display artwork of local highs school students. ANNI ZHANG / PHOTO
CMYC members meet to discuss plans for the Carmel Art Gala. Leah Zukerman, vice president of current activities and junior, said this is the club’s first annual showcase and will display artwork of local highs school students. ANNI ZHANG / PHOTO
CMYC members meet to discuss plans for the Carmel Art Gala. Leah Zukerman, vice president of current activities and junior, said this is the club's first annual showcase and will display artwork of local highs school students. ANNI ZHANG / PHOTO

The Carmel Mayor’s Youth Council (CMYC) will host its first annual Carmel Art Gala on May 2 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Carmel Clay Public Library. A free public viewing of the gala will be on May 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. According to Leah Zukerman, vice president of current activities and junior, tickets are $20 and may be purchased online or at the door.
The gala will feature the artwork of local high school students and give a chance for students who normally do not get a chance to display their works to receive community recognition. Zukerman said guests will be able to purchase the art, enjoy a dessert buffet and help support artists in the Hamilton County community. Proceeds will go to the Centennial Society through the Carmel Clay Public Library Foundation.
“We’ve been working on this project for quite a while and I’m super excited to finally have people come see it,” she said. “This not only going to give us a chance to display the artworks of many students, but it will also show the community what we can do.”
According to Joseph Philleo, CMYC member and sophomore, there will be a CMYC meeting on April 29 to finalize preparations for the art showcase.
“So far everything looks amazing. This will be a great opportunity for the members of the community to come out and see the amazing works of Carmel,” Philleo said.