Carmel Dads Club opens registration for fall sports season

Registration for the upcoming fall sports season opened on May 6 and ends on June 16, according to Jack Beery, Carmel Dads Club president. The fall sports season includes football, volleyball, girl’s golf, cheerleading and soccer. However, soccer, according to Beery, is the only sport available to high school students. Students who are interested in signing up can either register on the Dads Club website or fill out a form at the Dads Club office, which is located at Badger Park, 5459 E. Main St. To participate in soccer, students must pay an entrance fee of $85.

Beery said that the Dads Club soccer program is a great opportunity for students to exercise and have fun with friends.

Jack Beery, Carmel Dads Club president, gestures towards some field damage, caused by rain, on the Dads Club soccer field. According to Beery, the weather has been a major issue during the spring sports season as hundreds of spring season games have been cancelled due to weather and field damage. “The fields are just getting torn up,” Beery said. “We have seven full-time staff members working on the fields. We’ve had to aerate the fields and even seed some more grass. We’re hoping to get some rehab in before fall sports start.” CHRISTINE FERNANDO / PHOTO

“The sports we have here just offer kids a great opportunity,” Beery said. “It allows kids to be active and social. They can just hang out with friends and have some friendly competition, and get a great cardiovascular workout at the same time.”

Freshman Madelaine Withers, a soccer player at the Dads Club, also said that Dads Club sports offer students a great chance to get outside and have fun.

“Carmel Dads Club is perfect for kids who just want to go out and have fun,” Withers said, “You can hang out with friends and get exercise at the same time. (I) can’t wait for the next season.”

Beery said he too is looking forward to another season of Dads Club sports.

“The kids just can’t wait to get out there and play some sports,” Beery said. “We’re all looking forward to another great season at the Dads Club.”