• THE CLASS OF 2024 SENIOR ISSUE IS OUT NOW: PICK UP A PRINT COPY NOW OUTSIDE C127!

Last Minute Spring Break Ideas

Carrie Underwood Concert: Apr. 9
Carrie Underwood’s “Play On” tour comes to Indianapolis April 9. The American Idol winner released her album “Play On” with songs such as Cowboy Casanova, in 2009 which will be featured during the performance. The concert starts at 7:30 p.m. at Conseco Field house in Indianapolis. Tickets range from $35 to $55 dollars and can be bought online at ticketmaster.com as well as livenation.com.

Dierks Bentley Concert: Apr. 10
Country singer Dierks Bentley will be playing at the Elliot Hall of Music April 10. Bentley’s unique combination of honky-tonk, bluegrass, classic country and modern rock & roll gives him a different sound than what has been expected of country singers and should be well worth the drive to West Lafayette. The concert starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $38 each. Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com or livenation.com.

Date Night”: Apr. 8
Steve Carell, Tina Fay and James Franco star in the new movie “Date Night” directed by Shawn Levy (“Night at the Museum”, “Pink Panther”). The action comedy is about two suburbanites who go on a date in Manhattan in an attempt to rekindle their marriage, but in a case of mistaken identity get pulled into an adventure involving corrupt police and a mob boss. Show times are not yet available, but will be available at Regal Village Park Cinema 17. Movie tickets are $7.50 for a matinee or $9.25 on evenings.

Brown County State Park:
Brown County State Park offers hiking trails and horseback riding throughout the park. There is also shopping at the Artist Colony in Nashville that offers unique paintings, jewelry, antiques, and glass blowing in its various stores.  More information on the state park and its activities can be found at browncountystatepark.com.

College Visit:
Purdue will be hosting college visits all during spring break week, each session a little more than two hours. The presentation includes an admissions presentation and a tour of the campus. To register for the event you can go to Purdue University’s website. There is also a program on April 2, 9, 14 and 21 called Introducing Purdue. The program is opened to all freshman, sophomores, and juniors who wish to explore Purdue academic and student life. The program begins registration at 8 a.m. and ends around 4p.m. Registration is required and can be found at purdue.edu/

By Katie Norman <[email protected]>

Click here to go back to the Spring Break 2010 page.