Orchestras preparing for Palladium concert, banquet

Chloe Chui, member of Symphony Orchestra and sophomore, takes her violin from her locker. She said she is excited to perform at the Palladium and hopes the concert goes smoothly.

The CHS Orchestras will perform their spring concert at the Palladium tonight at 6 p.m. “We’re all really excited for our final concert of the year,” director of orchestras Elisabeth Ohly-Davis said. “I think the students have all worked hard for this, and we want to finish the year off strong.”

According to Ohly-Davis, the concert will be split into two parts. The first half of the concert will start at 6 p.m. and will feature performances from the Concert, Sinfonia and Festival Orchestras. The second half of the concert will start at 7:45 p.m. and will feature performances from the Philharmonic and Symphony Orchestras, as well as United Sound.

Chloe Chui, member of Symphony Orchestra and sophomore, said she is looking forward to the concert.

“It’s the last concert of the year, so I really hope we can just play our best,” Chui said. “I think everyone’s spent a lot of time preparing for it, and we’ve finished putting the final touches on the pieces.”

The CHS Orchestras will also host a banquet on May 19 at 5:30 p.m. in the Freshman Cafeteria. By Wendy Zhu