Colleges at a glance – Part 3

Colleges at a glance – Part 3

blogs

Part 3: The west coast (or just in the west in general)

For the last installment of Colleges at a glance, part three, these are some of my favorite college campuses in the western portion of the U.S. I know, there’s the hype about California–“the Golden State” where beaches line the coastline and where dreams become realities. As a result, I’ll try to cover a vast expanse of the west to rid our narrow-minded thoughts.

SOURCE: Flickr

SOURCE: Flickr

School: University of Washington

Location: Seattle

Campus: Commonly referred to as UDub, the University of Washington is large 4-year coed college, perfectly integrated into the urban city of Seattle. However, that is not to say you can’t enjoy the rural, snow-capped mountain views in the urban atmosphere. One of the oldest universities on the west coast, UDub has even been named a “public ivy,” providing education equal to that of Ivy League schools.

SOURCE: BestCollegeReviews

SOURCE: BestCollegeReviews

School: University of Hawaii at Manoa

Location: Honolulu

Campus: A medium-sized private university, University of Hawaii at Manoa located in one of the most picturesque states in the nation, in my opinion of course. Located in a residential area of Honolulu, the University of Hawaii at Manoa has access to not only the beautiful capital of the state but also to views of the natural scenery, graced with clusters of palm trees and lush valleys.

UC Berkeley

SOURCE: Wikipedia

School: University of California, Berkeley

Location: Berkeley, CA

Campus: And we finally end at California. A large-sized public university, the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) is situated in a small city within the Golden State. One of the most selective universities in the nation, UC Berkeley is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. Evidently, not only do its academics shine but also its campus. Its buildings, such as the Victorian-style South Hall, and its natural scenery, including Eucalyptus Grove, attribute to its well-rounded campus life.

0