Carmel Culture: As USA Today ranked Carmel as the “Best Place to live in America”, students, staff define what makes Carmel unique from other locations

Amy Tian, Raphael Li, and Laasya Mamidipalli

Based on the interviews, respondents said what defines CHS is the size of the student body and the number of opportunities available. On the other hand, there’s more academic and athletic competition, and it’s more difficult for students to know all of their peers and find their place in the big crowd. Furthermore, students feel as if they have less interactions with the world, though this is why CHS is more safe and peaceful. Even if there are less interesting activities to do with friends and family in the city, Carmel is a good place to live, especially for families, and the city’s abundance of roundabouts makes it distinct from other cities.

3
About the Contributors
Amy Tian, Acumen Associate Editor

Hi! I'm Amy, I am a third year staff member in HiLite, and this year I am one of the Acumen Associate Editors. In the past, I've also been a Beats Editor....

Raphael Li, Feature Editor

Hi I'm Raphael Li and I am a Feature Editor this year. In past years, I've searched as a Feature Reporter and Photographer. When I'm not stressing out...

Laasya Mamidipalli, Feature Editor

Hey I'm one of the Feature Editors and I was a Feature Reporter last year. This is my second year on staff, and I really enjoy my time with Hilite whether...

Christina Yang, Managing Editor

Hello! My name is Christina Yang (yes, I have watched Grey’s Anatomy before), one of the five managing editors, and I can’t wait to lead the team that...