Yearbook prices to increase Oct. 16

Starting Oct. 16 yearbook prices will increase to $60, payable by cash or check only. Also, for all seniors, yearbook portrait deadline is Oct. 21.

This year’s yearbook students working on the publication have an upcoming deadline Nov. 30 for 128 pages, and according to yearbook advisor, Nicole Wilson, the yearbook this year will be drastically different from that of last year, in a good way.

“Every year we try to have some sort of new gimmick; we want every year to be different and representative of the student body,” Wilson said. With the upcoming deadline, being part of the yearbook class, according to Wilson, ensures continuous work.

Editors are present during school, and also occasionally after school, while other students are writing captions, stories or taking pictures. “Everybody is doing something different at the same time,” Wilson said.

Although a hectic class, Wilson said that being part of a publications class is a lifetime benefit. Students have the opportunity to learn interviewing skills, communication skills and also, writing skills. All of which are transferable later in life, according to Wilson. By Audrey Bailey <[email protected]>