DECA to host LEAD Conference on Dec. 3

DECA members attend a LEAD conference in 2017. Macy Wood, chief operating officer of the Carmel Cafe and Market and senior, said. “I strongly encourage DECA members to attend this event because not only does it gives them the opportunity to learn valuable business advice that can aid them in competition, but they can meet and network with these local leaders and other students with (similar) interests.” (Submitted Photo: Macy Wood)

DECA’s LEAD Conference will take place on Dec. 3 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. According to DECA advisor Jacob Goodman, students can come and listen to local business leaders to learn about their experiences.

“It is important for DECA members, (and) it is the first opportunity to network not only with DECA members but with at least five prominent business leaders in our community. They are going to come and give 15- to 20-minute sessions over their journey to success in the business world,” Goodman said. ”And it will rotate around to a kind of interactive sessions with these leaders, (students) will get to know them, they will get to know the students, and they can learn what it takes to succeed in business.”

Macy Wood, chief operating officer at the Carmel Cafe and Market and senior, said she encourages DECA members to attend the conference.

Wood said, “I strongly encourage DECA members to attend this event because not only does it gives them the opportunity to learn valuable business advice that can aid them in competition, but they can meet and network with these local leaders and other students with (like-minded) interests.”

Students can sign up for the conference here.