Spring registration for Carmel Dad’s Club now open

When fall sports ended, sophomore Tyler Novitski said he decided to play basketball for the Carmel Dad’s Club (CDC) in the winter.

“I just like playing the game and being with my friends,” he said. “It’s a fun environment that’s not as competitive as the high school level.”

Now, however, the winter sports season at CDC is ending. The last regular winter season games will be held on Feb. 19 while all tournaments for grades 3-12 will begin on Feb. 26.

Registration for spring sports began Jan. 1 and will offer co-ed soccer, girls’ volleyball, girls’ softball, boys’ lacrosse, boys’ volleyball, boys’ baseball and boys’ and girls’ rugby to high school players.

According to Bethany Burchill, athletics director of CDC, the fall league attracted 340 high school players just in soccer, but soccer is only one of many spring sports that will be offered to students in the spring.

For more information on the CDC events, look at the club’s main page: http://www.carmeldadsclub.org/index.php. By Katie Norman <[email protected]>