CHS cafeteria adjusts menu to reflect student input and cost efficiency

The CHS cafeterias have recently adjusted their menu items and condiments due to student input and price concerns.

“We’ve been getting some requests from students for things like jalapeño ketchup and tuna sandwiches,” Anne Marie Woerner, manager of the main cafeteria, said. “Our supplier happened to have those available in their inventory, so we ordered some. I think we only bought a crate of each, just to experiment with them. That, way if (students) don’t like it, we won’t be stuck with a lot of unwanted food.”

Some menu changes have also been made to address the cost of certain items.

“Well, we’ve replaced some things in the menus with similar items because the cost was too great,” Woerner said. “For example, we serve popcorn chicken instead of the grilled teriyaki chicken in the rice bowls that used to be sold in the International Fare line.”

These small changes have been noticed by many CHS students, including sophomore Andrew Smith.

“I think it’s interesting that they’re serving new food,” Smith said. “I personally haven’t tried any of it yet, but some of my friends have. I might try out the new ketchup they have some time.” By Jerry Xu <[email protected]>