Spaghetti dinner and silent auction to take place Feb. 23

Senate is now planning events from Dance Marathon to various staff appreciation weeks. According to Mason Yao, Senate member and junior, the Senate will have some assistance from the Cabinet. On Feb. 23, there will be a spaghetti dinner and silent auction to raise money for Dance Marathon.

“We started fundraising for Dance Marathon first semester, coming up there is the spaghetti dinner on [Feb. 23] in the Freshman cafeteria, in addition to the silent auction.” According to Yao, the money needs to be turned in by Monday in order to participate. Dance Marathon will be held on Saturday Feb. 26, starting at 4 pm in the Freshman Cafeteria.

According to Michelle Foutz, Senate sponsor and social studies teacher, second semester also starts a great deal of SRT oriented activities as well as staff appreciation weeks that the Senate organizes. “We have Brain Game coming up in a week or two and then there will be March Madness,” Foutz said. In addition, this semester there will also be secretary, cafeteria, nurse and counseling appreciation weeks. By Mackenzie Madison. <[email protected]>