Kids Against Hunger to attend packaging event May 21

Kids Against Hunger Club is planning to attend a packaging event on May 21 at the American Red Cross building in Noblesville. According to club sponsor Maggie Cassidy, the group will not be attending any packaging events over the summer.

“The club will be taking a break over the summer but starting back up quickly next school year,” Cassidy said. “We hope to participate in the activities fair and homecoming to get the word out to freshmen about our organization instead of starting so late like we did this year.”

As this school year wraps up, Chris Law, club president and senior, says he is sad to see the club finish their spring semester but is excited for the new group of members come next fall.

“The beginning of the year was pretty rough getting started due to all the changes in the main organization. However, this semester has been amazing with the Pack-A-Thon and seeing our group really improve and establish great teamwork,” Law said. “It’s been a really cool experience to see students of all ages come together for such a great cause.”

The club has already started planning for the fall meetings and preparing for new officers to take over. Law and Cassidy both agree that the club is a must-have at CHS and hope for an even larger membership in the future for the benefit of not only the students, but people around the world.

Law said, “Students should join Kids Against Hunger Club because it is a really great way to get involved in an organization impacting the world we live in. The experience you take away is amazing, especially when you realize you are helping to feed hungry children and families around the world.” By Kelly Clark