City, CHS students, DAO to host free electronics recycling event

Carmel Utilities, CHS students and DAO (Disposal Alternatives Org) Recycling, have teamed up to host a major electronics and large item recycling event to celebrate America Recycles Day.  The event will run from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov.12 and will feature both a free recycling drop off event at the CHS stadium and free home pick-up of large appliances and other large recyclable items.  The event is open to Carmel residents and businesses.

“I have been involved with the event for two years, and it’s cool. I started because I’m in Roots and Shoots (a club that participates in the event),” said junior Kristen Palamara.

Items may be dropped off at the CHS Stadium West Parking Lot – Gate 3 – located on 136th Street just west of Keystone Avenue.  Accepted items include the following: appliances, computer equipment (with hard drives removed or reformatted), TVs, electronics, bicycles, batteries, lawn mowers, cell phones and more. If students have any questions there are posters in various spots all over the school or talk to senior, Lauren Gibson. CHS Roots & Shoots club and International Baccalaureate students will be among the student volunteers for this year’s America Recycles Day collection event.