Lifelines to have callout Sept. 5

After a discussion with Lifelines officers, sponsor Rebekeh Overbey said that incorporating a freshman and sophomore speaker for Pre-Winter Break Awareness Week and Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week will be on the list of things-to-do for the new year. Lifeline members decided last year that starting early will help better students’ decisions later on in life. ANNI ZHANG / PHOTO

Lifelines has scheduled a call-out meeting on Sept. 5 after school in the main cafeteria. The meetings thereafter will be on Blue Day Wednesdays at 7:05 a.m. in the Community Room.

Lifelines will try to incorporate Pre-Awareness Week for sophomores and freshmen this year, according to sponsor Rebekah Overbey.

“I hope we continue to make an impact on the lives of others and the students realize how much of an impact they can make and a difference and hopefully save more lives,” Overbey said.

According to Nina Sun, vice president and senior, Lifelines will once again plan events for Red Ribbon Week, Pre-Winter Break Awareness Week, Black History Month, Pre-Spring Break Awareness Week and Pre-Prom awareness week.

“I hope that this year we can get more people involved in the club, and make the school more aware of its presence,” Sun said. “A lot of people don’t know the reason, the mission, of Lifelines. They hear the music playing in February and don’t connect it to Black History month for example. I hope this year that will change.”