Carmel Dads Club accepting volunteers for spring season games

With games for the spring season of Carmel Dads Club starting on April 13, Concessions Coordinator Karen Coons has announced that about 1,800 two-hour volunteer shifts are open until the end of the season. The Dads Club, according to Coons, oversees the concession stands at not only Dads Club events, but also at CHS games. Students who are at least 15 years old and are interested in volunteering can sign up for shifts online or by contacting Coons by phone or email. In turn, Coons said she will send a schedule of all available time slots and locations to potential volunteers.

“We’re always looking for volunteers,” Coons said. “The Dads Club is really a volunteer based organization. We rely heavily on volunteers to help with anything from lining fields to coaching or commissioning or running concession stands. There’s always a need for volunteers at Carmel Dads Club.”

Freshman Madelaine Withers said she has been involved with soccer at the Dads Club for eight years. According to Withers, volunteering is the perfect opportunity for students to make a difference.

“It would give you a chance to help out the community,” Withers said.

Coons said she also believes that volunteering for the Dads Club is a great opportunity for students. In addition to helping the community, Coons said the Dads Club provides a chance for students who need community service hours for classes or clubs to get their required hours.

“Volunteering at the Dads Club is helping a non-profit, volunteer-based organization,” Coons said. “It’s helping your community and everyone involved in it.”