Carmel Dads Club opens fall sports registration, sponsor summer camp

According to Jack Beery, Carmel Dads Club president, the Dads Club opened registration for its fall sports season on May 6. Beery said the fall sports season offers football, soccer, volleyball, golf and baseball. Also, the Dads Club, according to Beery, will be sponsoring the first summer camp conducted by the Indy Eleven soccer team. The summer camp will run from June 9 to 12 at Badger Field, and camp fees are $110 per participant. Students who are interested in registering for fall sports or the Indy Eleven summer camp can do so on the Carmel Dads Club website or at the Dads Club office, which is located at 5459 E. Main St.

Beery said he and the rest of the Dads Club staff members are looking forward to both the upcoming season and the summer camp.

“We are very excited about this opportunity for student athletes,” Beery said via email, “The fall sports season and Indy Eleven summer camp will help students stay in shape and learn (teamwork) skills while having fun with their friends. We encourage anyone who’s interested in staying active and having fun to sign up.”

Sharmistha Chakrabarti, Carmel Dads Club soccer player and junior, said the Dads Club offers a fun and unique experience to students.

“I can’t think of another place where students have the great opportunities that they get at the Dads Club,” Chakrabarti said. “The Dads Club lets students stay active and get a workout in while they hang out with their friends. There are also great facilities and opportunities like summer camps that keep students active.”