Mock Trial prepares for weekly cases, final competition

Mock Trial now competes every Wednesday, and have been doing well in the cases they have completed. Conducted in the Hamilton County Judiciary Center in Noblesville, the trials begin at 6 p.m. Andrew Ardizone, Mock Trial member and sophomore, said, “We are all prepared for anything.”

According to Ardizone, the team practices two to three times a week, especially to prepare for the trials. “We practice anywhere from an hour or two hours,” said Ardizone.

Grace Hamilton, Mock Trial member and freshman, said, “We practice and go over questions” at meetings. Mock Trial members also review their arguments and work on confidence in the courtroom.

According to Hamilton, the cases have been going well and the freshmen on the team are gaining experience. The seniors on the team and the lawyers the team works with have helped them with to see how cases work and flow. According to Hamilton, there is a difference in proficiency between new and returning members, but the freshmen have improved.

The team will continue to have competitions until they reach the play-in round on Feb. 18. After that, they will begin a day-long tournament on Feb. 21, starting at 8 a.m.