French opera planned for Nov. 18, holiday celebration in December

On Nov. 18, the French Club will attend the Indianapolis Opera’s production of “La Boheme”, originally written by Henry Murger. Students both in the French V class and in the French Club will attend the reproduction that was inspired from the Broadway musical, “Rent”.

Mona Shen, president of French Club and junior, said, “The play depicts Bohemian life in Paris and follows a group of wonderful friends through their love lives and hardships.”

Students are receiving a large discount on the opera tickets, in which they will be seated at the front-row balcony section for only $7. On Nov. 9, members are required to turn in permission slips into Andrea Yocum, sponsor of French Club. By Nov. 14, money for the opera is also due to Yocum.

On Dec. 2, the French Club will hold a food and movie party to celebrate the winter season and a French holiday known as “Noël”.

Yocum explained why students decided to have a food and movie party during French Club meetings. “Students just wanted more interactivity at meetings with French food and movies.” By Matt Davidson <[email protected]>