Student Venture to attend Fastbreak conference Jan. 14 to 17

Student Venture will attend its Fastbreak winter conference from Jan. 14 to 17 at the Athletes in Action Sports Complex and Retreat Center in Xenia, OH. The cost of the trip is $195 with a $75 transportation fee and a $39 nonrefundable deposit, which covers registration, housing, materials, two lunches and two dinners. Students can register online at www.svindy.com, but need to mail their signed release form along with payment to the Student Venture Indianapolis office.

According to the website, buses will depart at 6 p.m. on Jan. 14 from the CHS football stadium parking lot and return at 3 p.m. on Jan. 17. Students attending should bring a Bible, notebook, pen, winter sports equipment and money for breakfast, snacks, and winter sports.Brian Clark, Carmel Student Venture director, said via e-mail, “There will be lots of free time to play, as well as structured service time on Sunday afternoon where we bring food to those in need. There are meetings in the evening with a live band, 3Union, and great speakers and students that share and lead stuff out.”

Kathryn “Kate” Shanklin, Student Venture member and junior, said via e-mail that the group also plans to have a skiing and snow tubing outing. In addition, the group will deliver “Boxes of Love,” which contain food items and everyday necessities, to needy families.

Clark said, “It is a great time to form deeper relationships while growing in your walk with God.” By Katie Utken <[email protected]>