Student Venture prepares for summer conference in Myrtle Beach

With the end of the school year quickly approaching, Student Venture is preparing for its conference in Myrtle Beach, SC from June 12 to 17. In addition, the group is also planning to have meetings throughout the summer at a student’s house.

According to Kathryn “Kate” Shanklin, Student Venture member and junior, the conference will feature guest speakers Dwayne Walton and Daron Earlewine and the band Tenth Avenue North will provide worship music. Students can register for the trip at www.svindy.com.

“Each day we have two main sessions,” Shanklin said. “Everyone comes together for these to have worship and hear the main speakers. After, we break up into small group seminars. Aside from the activities directed at helping the students grow spiritually, we also have recreational activities. There are organized sports tournaments, time you can spend on the beach and time to just spend with your friends.”

Shanklin also said that Student Venture meets once a week over the summer at a member’s house. The group is smaller, usually around 10 to 15 people, but anyone is welcome to attend.

“At the meeting we usually have a devotional, time to just spend together and planning the upcoming year,” Shanklin said.

Brian Clark, Carmel Student Venture director, said via email that Student Venture meets Tuesdays at 7 a.m. in the Freshman Center cafeteria and is open to anyone, regardless of religious affiliation. All events are planned by the Student Action Leadership Team (SALT) that meets at Clark’s house Monday nights from 6 to 8 p.m.

Clark said, “It is a great time to form deeper relationships while growing in your walk with God.” By Katie Utken <[email protected]>