Studio One Acts premieres Sept. 22

The Studio-One Acts, creative, student-directed plays, will have their first premiere on Sept. 22 at 7p.m. in the auditorium, and will also be showing on Sept. 23 and 24. The plays include: “Wanda’s Visit,” directed by senior Joel Kirk; “Boy Meets Girl,” directed by senior Angela Tauber; “The Brother’s Grim Spectaculathon,” directed by senior Scott Jackoway; and “The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood,” directed by senior Rebeccah Hunter.

Hunter tells us that she is excited to see what the audience adds to the play and that the audiences should look forward to a lot of laughing and funny shows. She says that there is a lot of preparation that goes into these plays such as: picking and editing plays, auditions, character development, costumes, and makeup. Hunter, who has been involved in musical theatre since middle school, says she has wanted to direct one of the plays since she was a freshman.

“It is important for the school, because it lets performing arts students to have their time to shine. Also, it teaches time management, and promotes creativity in student,” Hunter said.

Sophomore Megan Arrington, who plays Marsha in the play “Wanda’s Visit,” says the she has learned a lot about herself through these plays. When being a different character, she says that she discovers a different side of herself. Arrington says that the plays this year are all hilarious, and through rehearsals, which are everyday after school from 3 to 7 p.m., she has grown very close to her cast of four members.

According to Arrington, the plays are very important because “not everybody is athletic, including me, and this is our way of showing our talents and abilities, and we need all the school support we can get.”

She said she aspires to direct these plays in the future and that the students and parents should look forward to widespread emotions and obscure humor.